Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The buy

After some thought I decided to buy a Oneida Screaming Eagle for myself, the first problem is to find one that is left hand. I found mine on eBay and I can tell you it wasn't cheap, it cost me almost an arm and a leg but, if that's the bow I want, that's what I wad to do it. Maybe I could have waited and see if anything "cheaper" would show up but I decided to "hit the iron while is hot". For all the research I did an old Oneida Screaming Eagle will sell from around $200-$400, mine being a left hand was closer to $400 than from $200. It is amazing that those bows still cost this much after so much time.


So, without further delay, this is the Oneida I bought:















It was in really good condition, I was actually impressed by fact this is almost a 30 years old bow. Since I am planing to go back to competitions the sight has to go in order for a new one and the color doesn't really appeal to me, I am not into hunting and I don't need kind of paint the "blend" into the forest/lake/etc..


 I have to thank the seller, assuming the information is correct, that he/she posted all the specs:

Dexterity: Left Hand
Draw Weight (lbs.): 50-60
Draw Length (in.): 28-32
Overall Length (in.): 49.5


And description of item was really interesting: 

"UNREAL EXCEPTIONAL CONDITION REALLY ONLY LOOKS LIKE MAYBE A 3 YR OLD BOW, BEAUTIFUL CONDITION, GREAT ADDITION TO ANY ONEIDA COLLECTORS COLLECTION. HARD TO BELIEVE ITS OVER AT LEAST 25-30 YRS OLD.
ONEIDA SCREAMING EAGLE LEFT  HAND COMPOUND FISHING HUNTING BOW 50 -60 LB ADJUSTABLE DRAW WEIGHT MEDIUM DRAW 28 " TO 32 " LENGTH GREAT FOR SNAP SHOOTING AT FISH.COMES WITH SIGHT AND REST
BOW IS IN OVERALL EXCEPTIONAL  CONDITION AND JUST NEEDS TO BE SET UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL ARCHER AND ADJUSTED
BOW IS SOLD IS AS IS CONDITION AND SHOULD BE  CHECKED ADJUSTED AND STRING REPLACED WITH NEW ONE AND TUNED UP BY BOW SMITH IN YOUR AREA, BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO SHOOT THE BOW."


 Now I have to start planning the refurbishing process.

Cheers
PC




 

No comments:

Post a Comment